Diamond in the Rough

Old door cupboard for storing extra dishes


Cupboards and rack for clothes (He tiled the top for me also)

Friday was my hubby of almost 37 years birthday. As a surpirse I planned for all of our family to go to the Drive In movie. Yes, Redwood Drive In is still open, and believe it or not there are 6 screens. I read about it in a Sunset magazine and thought it would be fun because that is what we did for our first date. The weather didn't cooperate so the event has been post poned until July. The grand kids were so excited to go so that was a bit of a bummer. With Fathers Day approaching and his recent B'day I wanted to dedicate this post to him. He definately is a Diamond in the rough! People who don't know him very well are a bit frightened of him and don't quite know how to take him. He has this whacky sense of humor and says just crazy off the wall things. Sometimes I can't believe that they are coming out of his mouth. He has the most gentle and tender heart. As one employee from Horrocks once told me "I was more afraid of him than I was of Jim Horrocks. Once I got to know him, I realized that he was just a big teddy bear." He loves his children and many times went without so that they could have something that they needed or wanted. The grand children are the apple of his eye. He's always doing honey do's for me and is very patient and puts up with my whacky ideas. The pics are just the last two projects he did. It may take him a while, but he always gets the job done. I couldn't have asked for a better hubby!

6 comments

Peg said...

He is a most precious gem that's for sure!Happy Birthday and Happy Father's day Shultz.

Anonymous said...

More like an old lump of coal.

McFadden said...

You are very lucky because he always goes along with some of your wacky ideas (well almost always) and will do anything for you, but then you will do the same for him. Happy Birthday. If he is lucky maybe he will get a late Happy Birthday song from the stitching gang. What a Joy.

Anonymous said...

Kim Gaisford says......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Shaleace said...

I can not imagine being afraid of Uncle Shultz. That is so funny! Since last summer I have been wanting to take my kids to the drive-in. I hope the weather cooperates and you get to go soon. Happy Birthday!

Ky said...

DAD IS HONESTLY THE BEST! AND IS WIFE IS GREAT TOO!

Instagram