Pom Poms and Roses. . .

 
Hello my friends,
 
I'm not sure what it is, but big fluffy pom poms and pretty roses make me ever so happy!
 
I had a couple of skeins of pink yarn that I had saved from one of the estate sales.  I added an aqua color from Hobby Lobby and then picked up a white from our local thrift.
 
 


 
Last year I made a red and cream pom pom garland for my living room mantle.  Give a Cheer for Pom Poms  I loved it so much, I decided to make another one this year.
 
I gathered together some items that had rose motifs on them.  All were thrift store finds.
 
Isn't this a sweet tea pot?  I elevated it on an antique wooden wheel I picked up in Napa, CA while vacationing last June.
 
 
Craft group #1 met last Wednesday night and sweet Karen gifted us with this darling vase filled with mini roses.

 
I had to zoom in to show you that darling face and the stripe on the roses.  Gorgeous!!

 
This small pitcher is my latest rose themed find.  I just fell head over heels in love with the colors!  Can you believe I just about put it back?  :) I tucked some dried Pinky Winky Hydrangeas inside.  They were gifted to me by my cute friend, Amanda.   I made quite a few Valentines spoolies a few years back.  This one has a mini dried rose added to the base.  I also love this small cake stand with the doily design underneath.  I bought it at T. J. Maxx a couple years ago.

 
Another craft group friend, Kaylyn gifted this candle to me for Christmas.  I'm sure the sugar bowl was a thrift find as well.  The scent is heavenly!


The rose calling card is from Aunt Bunnies estate.  I love the red fringe around the edges!  We just did a Valentines exchange in craft group #2.  Joanne made this hand stitched heart.  I absolutely adore it!  I tucked them both under the ribbon on the velvet heart chocolate box.

 
I added the music chain I made years ago to the top of the mantle.
 
I tucked in little Valentines sentiments here and there.
 
 
I love this toile tin pitcher!  Another thrift find.  I placed some dried roses inside.  A golden crown and glitter key hang behind.

 
This petite miss was picked up at a thrift shop as well.  I couldn't resist her face!  she opens up to hold mini treasures or jewelry.

 
I have been wanting a tobacco basket.  My friend, Kathy showed me a white one that she had bought at Hobby Lobby.  Of course, I had to go get me one!  (wink)  I was with a friend and I kept calling it a tobasco basket.  I laughed when she asked, "tobasco?  I thought it was tobacco."  I think in my senior mind I called it that because they are so 'hot' right now.  lol!
 
Anyway, I love it!!






Won't be long till I am picking roses from my own garden.  Till then, I'll enjoy my pom poms and roses!

 
 
Happy Valentines!
 
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:

16 comments

Art and Sand said...

Everything is so cute.

I have a book of music in the attic that I have torn apart for projects. I think I need to get it out and make a garland.

Louca por porcelana said...

How lovely,Jann!Love especially the gorgeous pitcher and the pretty teapot.Hugs!

Kim said...

What's not to love about pom poms and roses! Love all your vignettes of gorgeousness, lovely Jann. Love the pretty pitcher and the little cup with the sweet face...adorable. Yes, it won't be long till you are drinking in the sweet perfume of your roses.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Super cute, Jann - you are so creative!! You know what I put out for Valentine's Day? Not a single darned thing!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a disaster....oh well!

NanaDiana said...

I love your pom poms and your roses and your sweet vignettes. Love the 'cupface' holding the roses. That is really cute.
I hope you have a great weekend- xo Diana

happyone said...

I like the teapot. It is so pretty.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh I do love pom-poms, and haven't made them in years. I love your garland, and the colors you chose! All of your amazing thrift store finds look so lovely all arranged together. That wooden wheel is really a neat find! I love the look of your Valentine mantel. I miss having a mantel! Have a lovely weekend :)

Little Wandering Wren said...

I think having Valentine's day like yours would make my heart sing too, so your garland is a perfect addition. But do let us into your secret, how do you keep those chains looking so good mine would be sure to get crumpled somewhere along life's journey?!
Wren x

Jeanie said...

So pretty, every photo, Jann. I love your vignettes. I think by the time I get around to making pompoms, the fad will be over. Sure is cute as a bunting!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very sweet mantel! I have to get on the pom pom bandwagon! I love them and I know they are easy to make. Your "tobasco" basket is fabulous and I am sure it was a good deal at Hobby Lobby. The "real" ones are crazy expensive.

Rose L said...

I love that tole pitcher, too.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Jann, love the pom pom garland. I agree, pom poms are my favorite too and roses don't hurt..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
The pom pom garland is adorable. Love that sweet tea post. I have dishes with that same pattern. So pretty. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.
Hugs,
Kris

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the pom-pom garland and so glad you did not put that gorgeous rose pitcher back...beautiful!
Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Snap said...

You can't beat roses -- of any kind on any thing -- for Valentine's Day. Love the pitcher --WOW!

Katie Mansfield said...

Tabasco. That is hilarious. It's so cute. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.
Katie
Let's Add Sprinkles

Instagram