A (S)Mashing Good Craft Day

Well my friends, you know that I am not involved in hardly any group/club activities; so why not join another?
 
lol!  Yes, this is a big fat lie!  If you don't believe me, just
ask my hubby.
 
Between club, stitching group, quilt guild, craft group #1, and now craft group #2 it's a wonder I find time to do anything else.  :)
 
But somehow I manage to clean my house, (now and then) and even make it to a few thrift shops.
 
Craft group #2 met last week and we had such a
 (s)mashing good time!
 
Doing what?  Making cute little spring/Easter scenes inside of vintage potato mashers.
 
Each month one of us takes charge and we meet at my home (just happens to be a central location), and have a ball crafting, laughing, and eating.
 
Everyone's masher was different.  There really were some unique ones.  Here's mine after it found a place in my kitchen.
 
 
I love my little chick family nestled inside an old tart tin and mama is quite the party animal!

 
Cathy (with a C, this is an inside joke) painted her handle and tucked in a sweet little carrot eating bunny.  Shirley, (Zetta's Aprons) who is the one that was in charge this month has 3 of these cuties.  This one has a bluebird with a daisy as a hat.


Trina's ( Tea Time with Trina) precious bird is sporting a party hat as well.  I love the chippy paint of the red and yellow handled mashers.  Two more of Shirley's.

 
Kimi arrived late and only had a few minutes to put hers together before the photo shoot.  She pulled it off nicely!

 
Paula, (Pollyanna Reinvents)  has the cutest little girl wearing a tutu and bunny ears along with a chick resting inside her nest.

 
Joanne's has the cutest striped handle and lots of wonderful hand dyed seam binding ribbon.  I didn't notice that the tag was hiding her nest inside.
 
 
 


And here they all are on display.
 

This photo made me laugh of everyone snapping pics.

 
 
Shirley knew that the mashers would be a fast project so she asked if we wanted to make this quick and easy banner as well.
Of course we said , yes.
 
 
 I simply hung mine from my kitchen fan hood.
 
 
 

 Cathy hung hers on a mirror.
 


Paula's joined some of her wonderful Easter décor on her mantle.



Trina's is so cute tucked behind the blossoms.
 

 
Joanne's is a sweet addition to her vignette of Annalee characters.  I love that duck!!
 
 
 
and if crafting wasn't enough. . .look at this spread!
 
Shirley brought her darling lamb to show us.
 



 
 Now you can see why I can never say, "no", when it comes to joining another group. (wink)
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
 
 

25 comments

Patti said...

Oh my - I LOVE your Spring Potato Mashers! So, so cute! And, the banners are perfect too. Such great decorations - and of course - I adore the vintage lambs. Ok - I need to decorate tomorrow!

cynthia lee designs said...

Everyone's Spring mashers are so sweet!! Love the banner too.
hugs,
~Cindy

Anonymous said...

Aw! What a blessing! wish I had a craft group! ♥

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

What fun! Such cute mashers...and oh my, that food - you're making my tummy growl!

Spittin-Toad said...

I want to join your craft group!! I had the erg to pin everyone of your photo's the mashers are such a great idea!! The banners would be a quick and easy Easter project too.
As always thanks for the inspiration!!!!
Denise

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh my, what a fun group! You gals are having loads of fun...love how you used those mashers, each one so adorable!And the banners, are so darn cute! Love how it looks hanging from your pretty kitchen hood! Hugs, Poppy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This looks like a fun group and I love those masher creations! Cute cute cute!!
hugs,
Linda

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

If only I lived near you I would be begging to join. The potato mashers are adorable and I love the banner too. It looks like you all have a blast doing crafts together. sb

Susie said...

Jann, I thought that masher idea was tops. Everyone was cute as can be. Love the spring banners too. You ladies know how to have a fun time. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Art and Sand said...

What fun creations your group made and the food looks yummy!

I don't have any local friends who enjoy crafts so I simply do things on my own.

lynn cockrell said...

Those potato mashers are so cute. How creative!

20 North Ora said...

How much fun!!

Judy

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What an adorable idea! I've got one somewhere- I need to look at doing something cute like this with it! The spring banners are adorable too! How blessed you are to be able to craft with others like this! The food looks way too good :-)

Joy Junktion said...

How fun is that, crafting, eating and picture taking! So glad you have some fun groups to engage with! Cute projects too! Blessings, Cindy xo

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Love those sweet Easter mashers!! How Cute! And the banner is adorable! Looks like everyone had a great time! Thanks so muchf or stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

from the looks of that table it really does appear you girls know how to have a good time. The potato masher idea is adorable. They all turned out so cute!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Potato mashers! Genius! Super-cute, delightful stuff here!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

That looks like so much fun Jann! I need to be in some sort of a group! Everything I saw is just wonderful and adorable! So much fun!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a fun time! There is nothing like getting together with girlfriends, eating and laughing, and if you get something done, great! Looks like you girls got lots of cuteness done! I love the idea of using the mashers.

Adrienne said...

I just love these get togethers you ladies have! (and all the good decorating & crafting ideas!!!) =)

Jacqueline said...

I just love the mashers! What a fun idea! The banners were adorable too! How fun.

Betty said...

That party looked like so much fun. I really like your potato masher the best, I'm not just sucking up, lol. I think it's the bright colors of the chickies. And those banners are so cute. But my baby planter loving soul adores that lamb. Thanks for hosting today!

handmade by amalia said...

I love the pretty chics in their party hats.
Amalia
xo

Fashions said...

Thanks so much for sharing your ideas, i was looking for such article for many days...

Fashions said...

Thanks so much for sharing your ideas, i was looking for such article for many days...

Instagram