Sunday Sweets. . .Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars

Hi everyone, hope you have had a wonderful weekend.

I love fruit and my number one favorite is raspberries.  This morning I was havin myself a cravin for somethin ‘sweet’.

I swear, when I cut my first tooth as a baby that it came in as a sweet tooth. lol!

I make raspberry freezer jam so I decided it was the perfect time to make a recipe that I have had in my ‘to try’ drawer for quite some time.

IMG_0647

Now and then some of our local restaurants will share a recipe in our ‘Utah Valley’ magazine.

These Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars were shared by ‘Flour Girls & Dough Boys’ (artisan bakery and café).

Cute name, right?  Sadly enough the business has closed.  I feel bad whenever a local place shuts down.  I must admit that I had only been there once.  Maybe if I had gone more often. 

IMG_0648

I baked them before church and let them cool while we were gone.  I was so anxious to try one that I ate it before I fixed dinner.

Life is short, eat dessert first!

IMG_0649

Raspberry Cream Cheese bars

Ingredients

1/2 lb. butter, softened

1 c. sugar

2 c. flour

1 c. rolled oats

12 oz. cream cheese

3/4 c. Sweetened Condensed Milk

2/3 c. raspberry jam. (I used 1 cup)

Step 1:  Cream butter and sugar till well creamed

Step 2:  Add flour and oatmeal.  Mix gently to form a crumbly dough.

Step 3:  Put 2/3 of dough in buttered 9 x 13 pan.  Set aside other 1/3 for topping.

Step 4:  Combine cream cheese and Sweetened Condensed Milk in mixer till smooth.

Step 5:  Drop cream cheese mixture on top of crust and spread

Step 6:  Soften jam in microwave until pourable.  Spread over cream cheese mixture.

Step 7:  Crumble dough on top of jam.

Step 8:  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 min. until crumbs are lightly browned.

After making these I didn’t think I would share the recipe.  They were good, but I thought that the crumbs were just a bit dry.  Well, guess what?  I realized that I had only used 1 cube of butter instead of two.  In my haste I read it as 1/2 C. instead of 1/2 lb.

OOPS!  If at first you don’t succeed; try, try, again!

Oh, and don’t worry.  They won’t go to waste.  Although, they may go to waist!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Clever Chick Blog Hop

Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home

16 comments

Linda W. said...

Ummmmm..... those look great! I must try!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh yum, Jann- thanks for sharing!!

The ONLY time I ever made raspberry bars of any kind was from one of those home show food party things, there was a boxed rasp bar I bought - had that box for almost its expiration date before I made them. They were good but not over the top, and I am not a huge fan of mixes, I prefer to do it from scratch - then ya know what is IN it!

So I would like to try your recipe one day soon, sounds GREAT.

Be interesting to see with the right amount of butter if they'd not crumble too much if cute into little tea party bite sizes. - ?

I will find out and let you know - or better yet, make yours again with more better then let us know.

Have a blessed week. Hugs.

Kris said...

I love that....your first cut tooth was a sweet tooth! Tee hee! Mine too. I go for sweets all the time. Those look and sound good. Even with the wrong amount of butter!!!!
Thanks for sharing!
xo Kris

Winnie said...

WOWWWWW !!
This is definitely for me. It looks fabulous - wonderful color - and I just looooooooove raspberry jam.
I make my own condensed milk and I have some in the freezer.
I'm making these for sure
Pinned

Susie said...

Jann, I do not blame you eating that before dinner...I would have also.:):) Hope your week is full of fun. xoxo,Susie

priscilla said...

Those look great ! My favorite is raspberries too !

Ricki Treleaven said...

Mr. Art @ Home loves raspberries, so I've already bookmarked this page!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

These do looks so good, but i'm trying to cut out sweets for a bit and lose a little weight...so hard for this old gal!
hugs,
Linda

Unknown said...

Had to print these directions immediately since raspberry is my fav also.
Thanks and have a good week.

Irene Helms Designs said...

These look scrumptious! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Irene

The Farmers Daughter said...

How I wish I wasn't on a low fat diet! My mouth is watering! Not fair! lol Looks yummy, Jann. . .

Rose L said...

Mmmmmmm!
Can you send me the instructions to link to your site again. I was reading your comment with info and my cat jumped onto the keyboard, then POOF! it was gone!

Maureen Wyatt said...

Love raspberries and mine will be ready for picking in a few, short months. This is one recipe I have to try!

Chenille Cottage said...

Good morning, my sweet friend!
Oh...I feel like I've been away for such a long time.
The time with my Mother has been precious. I ended up bringing her home with me. She stayed for nearly two weeks. It was difficult letting her go back to the care facility. She had such a sweet spirit and was a joy to care for.
I am so anxious to post your adorable little Precious dollies. I can't tell you how much my little grandbaby loved watching the darling little quilter twirl to the music. His eyes would light up.
I am looking forward to some long overdue visits to yours and so many other wonderful blogs in the coming days.
My hubby is trying to arrange for someone to work on my computer.
Have a happy day, my darling friend.
Hugs,
Carolynn xoxo
Thank you for your kind note asking about my Mother. You are so very thoughtful!

Tea in the Library said...

A happy attitude toward life is a blessing. Thank you for lifting my spirits today and reminding me of the happiness to be found in small things - if I take the time to appreciate them.

Fran said...

Thank you for the recipe, can't wait to try it!! :) --Fran

Instagram