Winter Mantle. . .

Hi my friends, this morning I woke up feeling a cold coming on.

I’m thinking that all of my trips up and down the stairs to the chilly basement may be the cause of it.

I have stayed in, bundled myself under a cozy quilt, and Zicamed it up. Hoping to nip it in the bud before the New Year.

One can only veg for so long so I decided to share my Winter mantle with you.

But, before I do I must take the time to thank Elaine form Sunny Simple Life for featuring my Christmas Bug post.

  My Winter mantle is pretty simple.  Just pulled out some of my favorite vintage aqua bottles and mixed them with a few frosty whites.

IMG_9554

A couple of white tree candles set upon a mercury glass cake stand.  While a small one finds shelter under a cupcake cloche and pedestal.  I have loved my little framed chalkboard.  It was one of my very first give away wins.  My wreath hangs from a holder that was made from an old baluster that I had a base and hook added.

Mantle Collage

I added a glitzy pinecone to my paper wreath.

IMG_9559

A sweet little white bird finds refuge among a frosty branch.

IMG_9563

A few crystal icicles dangle from each side of the mantle.  Winter kissed pinecones that I added Epsom salt to are mixed with a couple of white and cream balls. The rustic birdcage was a Christmas gift from my friend, Shelley.

Hearth

I thought of adding branches and snowflakes to the blue tins my son and DIL gave me for Christmas.  They were a gift from their two boys.  But that was a fleeting thought.  I just left them as is. Really, think I just got lazy.  But did you notice?  Clean fireplace!  Thanks to a contractor that came to our home we now know how easy it is to clean.

IMG_9555

I wanted to leave you with this Winter quote.  While vegging I was going through old magazines before I discarded them.  I always tear out poems and quotes.  With a little coaxing, hubby wrote it on the chalkboard for me.  I love it!

IMG_9570

Hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday

Cowgirl Up

Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday

Funky Junk Interiors for Winter Decorating

20 comments

Unknown said...

How pretty and fresh-love the look.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I love it. It looks really great and I love how fresh it is. Good for the hubs for doing the blackboard for you. If my hubby would have written it we would have needed a decoding ring. Hope you feel better fast- xo Diana

Julie Marie said...

Everything looks just great Jann!... love all your vintage blue canning jars... I have a nasty cold now too... I think it is the awfully cold and snowy weather we are having here... Happy New Year to you and your family, feel better soon!... I am in my Hello Kitty jammies (a gift from my sis for Christmas) and staying snug inside too... xoxo Julie Marie

Gina said...

Your mantel looks wonderful, Jann. I love the quote on the blackboard! Hope you feel better soon!

Gayle said...

Your newly decorated mantle perfectly reflects the cold frigid weather we're having right now! Love it! Hope your cold goes away fast - at least it isn't that nasty flu bug that's been going around!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

COLD ? You have one COMING ON and I got mine as a Christmas gift from my grandson

So...I guess that mine is more special than yours, lol since it was a gift and all :)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I like the cool blues and white on the mantel, Jann. Great sentiment on the chalkboard too. Hope you nipped that cold in the bud. Have a Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

It looks really good Jann! Love the quote on the chalkboard too! Great job! Happy New Year!

Old Time Cindy said...

of course you know I like this look. And that is your hubby's handwriting? Nice!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Jann, I certainly do like this colour scheme for winter. It looks so pretty and fresh. I wish you a blessed new year. Pamela

cynthia lee designs said...

I love blue glass with whites. Have it in my kitchen...lots of old blue mason jars and white pitchers.
Have a Happy New Year!
~Cindy

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love that color combination, it looks lovely. The little birdie is such a sweet touch. Feel better!
Big hugs,
Patti

Kris said...

I love the cool icy blues!!!!
xo kris

Maureen Wyatt said...

What a lovely saying! With the pretty mantel and spiffy clean fireplace, you are all ready to snuggle down for the winter!

A Garden of Threads said...

Your mantle looks lovely, hope you are feeling better. Happy New Year.

podso said...

Nice to visit your blog. I came via Monday Mosaics. I just finished working on my winter mantle and there are some similarities in yours and mine, But I must go get my aqua/blue canning jar--thanks for the idea as I'm trying to put some blue with the white. Your mantle is really nice! And I love the quote on winter! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Your winter mantel is very pretty. I especially like the blues and icicles, and the sparkly pinecones that give a 'wintry' feel. I also collect aqua mason jars, and those little blue bottles are so charming. Hoping you are feeling well soon and wishing you all the best in this New Year.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Jann!
This is such a dreamy blue post. You have featured my wedding colors from many years ago. I loved ice blue, silver and white. Mine was a winter wedding and my bridesmaids all wire aqua blue velvet gowns.
I always love seeing arrangements with canning jars incorporated. They're so cottagey and remind me of home. Your wreath is beautiful!
Have a blessed day, my dear!
Blessings,
Carolynn xxx

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Happy New Year Jann and what a lovely, soft shade of frosty blues and whites together~

chateau chic said...

Jann, your mantel looks so fresh and light for the winter. Love it!!
Mary Alice

Instagram