Enough Already–Part Two

I am late getting this post out.  I planned on doing it this morning but I had much more important matters on my mind.

Our youngest daughter’s husband was hurt in a paragliding accident last night.  He had to be life flighted off of the mountain.

We were very frightened.  At first they weren’t sure of the extent of his injuries.  He had a lumbar fracture and had to have surgery today.  The blessing is that the Dr. said that if you had to break your back that was the best place to do it.  Any higher or lower and it would have been very serious.  He will have a slow 6 month recovery, but we are just so very thankful that he is going to be o.k.

Now that we know this, I am ready to show the rest of my decorating addiction, Americana style.

In case you missed Enough Already-Part one, I showed the entry, living room, and family room.

Now onto the kitchen:

010

I recently did a post showing my table.  Here’s just a couple of close-ups.

019

014

I can’t leave any counter space undecorated.  No, uh-uh; that wouldn’t do.

057058059083030

092

Everything but the kitchen sink.  Oh no, I decorate it too.

099

Even above the kitchen sink.  I tell you, no place is safe.  I have a corner sink, so I get to do this on both sides.

089

Oh and yes, I have to have an Americana calendar.  Wouldn’t want to forget what month it is.

008

Now, the master bedroom.  Yes, I said bedroom.  Not much, but I make quilts so I have to switch them out every chance I get.

069

This line of fabric was called ‘Prairie Paisley’.  I fell in love with it the first time I saw it.

072

This pic turned out a bit blurry, but I wanted to show you the sweet flag.

070

Really, other than that all I did was put a couple of flags in my poppy basket.  Not too bad, considering the source.

088

You know, it’s really o.k. to decorate your bedroom Americana.  But, you must never do a bathroom.

I knew a lady who once decorated her bathroom Americana.  She saw a musical toilet seat on an infomercial. She knew she had to have it so she ordered one.  The only problem was that every time she went to sit down it would play the “Star Spangled Banner” and she’d have to stand up.

Ha-Ha!  I think I first heard this joke when I was in 6th grade.

Guess What.

055053

054

Yup, I decorated the bathroom.  I just couldn’t resist.

No, I don’t have a musical toilet seat.  Darn, wish I knew where I could get one.

Hope I made you laugh, at least just a little.

Linking up with:

http://www.thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

http://www.thetablescaper.blogspot.com/

15 comments

Kris said...

First of all, I am so sorry to hear of your son in law's accident. But how thankful that he is going to be okay.
LOVE that red quilt on the bed!!! Wow...love it! Have a great 4th.
Kris

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I hope your son in law has a quick recovery. So sorry to hear about that.
Your decorations are fabulous. I want, no really, I got to have one of those yo yo flags. Fabulous!! I went down and saw post 1 about your decor...girl you do have a lot! Where on earth do you keep it all....you MUST have a basement!!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my, how scary! I'm so glad that the doctors will be able to do surgery and he will recover. Your July 4th decor is lovely. I will have to keep my eyes open for a musical seat. :-)

Angela said...

I had to enlarge the bedroom pic..oh my goodness, did it ever please my eye and my heart. I LOVE it.

Praising God for such a miracle over your son in law. My son came home last night with a black eye. A tree branch smaked his face hard. I'm praising God He didn't lose his eye...SIGH..oh how the guardian angels work in our lives at times when we really don't realize how it COULD have been...praying for your sil's recovery and praying Ephesians 3:20...that God will do more than we could ask, imagine or even pray for during this time...

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

So sorry to hear about your son in law. Glad to hear he will be OK!! I hope your daughter is well as well. Such a terrible scare.

The second feature of your americana is my favorite, LOVE the quilt on the bed and the machine quilting is stunning. How cheery and festive you home must feel. Have a very Happy 4th of July!!
All the Best,
Christine

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

So sorry to hear about your son-in-law's accident. I'm glad to know he will be ok and I pray for his speedy recovery. The musical toilet seat made me laugh indeed! Loved all your Americana vignettes! Loving your beautiful bright and summery bedroom and that red lantern I'm totally in love with... Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment on my lavender pots. I love lavender and coincidentally today there was a lavender festival in our neighboring town and we were planning on attending but too many High School Graduation parties prevented us from attending the festival. It's a one day event sooo...I enjoy attending Lavender Festivals and this year I was planning to take pictures for my post but it was not meant to be, maybe next year I will have pictures to share.. My prayers to your son-in-law for his full recovery and to your daughter.~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Snap said...

Happy to hear your son-in-law is doing well after his accident. Pretty frightening! Lovely decor for the holiday. Happy 4th!

Cindy said...

WoW!!! Lady, you have some fabulous Americana stuff, I have never seen so much in one home. You have a gorgeous green and white hounds-tooth chair, too! I love it.
Thanks for visiting me, so nice to meet you.
I hope and pray your son-in-law is okay after this accident that you mentioned.
Hugs, Cindy

Marlis said...

Praying for a speedy 100% recovery for your son in law. Truly lucky! Your Americana items are so fun. The quilt on your bed is fabulous! Happy fourth, many blessings, marlis

★Carol★ said...

I'm glad that your son-in-law will be ok. How frightening!
Now about your patriotic decor. I am in awe! I love it all, from the straws in the kitchen to that calendar to your beautiful quilt. I think I finally found someone who loves the good old red white and blue as much as I do. Maybe even more!
Happy 4th!
Carol

The Charm of Home said...

I love your calender and quilt. Very pretty decor. Thanks for linking it up at Home Sweet Home! Have a great 4th weekend!
Sherry

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Oh how cute your home is; lots of whimsy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! And I'm now one of your newest followers!
Blessings!!

The Tablescaper said...

So sorry to hear of your son in law's accident. HOpe that all goes well.

Your home looks lovely. I think it's great that you decorate for the summer holidays. I do so much for the Fall and Christmas, but not for the summer.

Thanks for sharing your fourth of July decor with Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Marsha said...

Love the calendar. Yummy! Gonna have to try it.

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt on your bed - and that you decorate your whole house for the holidays. I also loved your trip to the old barns with your gfs - what a fun post.

Instagram