SPOOKtacular Fun!














I wanted to share this post that I did two years ago for our family Halloween party.  The grandies had so much fun!  It's a party they still talk about.  They loved all of the activities! 

Saturday night we had a family Halloween party. I greeted grandchildren at the door as Witch Hildegard. Paityn didn't quite know what to think. Each one of them received a coin so that they could go upstairs and get their fortune told by Gypsy Kya. Afterwards Witch Hilde gave them each a tatoo We ate a hauntingly good meal of BBQ beef, potatoe salad, shrimp dip, chips, and brain jello oozing with blood. I have to admit the brain jello was a little hard to eat. Just looking at it and the thought of eating brains made it difficult to swallow. Although, Kade loved it and came back for seconds. The costumes were sure to please. Taylor was a ghost bride, Jordyn a skeleton, Braxton a pirate, and Paityn a hot pink kitten. Kade and Riley didn't come dressed but managed to conjur up quite a managerie by digging through the costume box. Lonnie even graced us with an Elvis look alike that the boys dug out. Karrah and Jayson had a fantastic Troll and Dragon thing going on. We drank a bubbly brew, dipped caramel apples, made slime , ( I was going to give the recipe, but noticed that someone had already linked that up.), and tried to imitate Hildegards broom dance, (I cleared my throat, did a few simple dance steps and then the kids took my broom and tried to repeat it.  It took quite a few times of Hilde saying, "No, that's not quite right."  before they caught on that they had to clear their throat first.) It definately was a spooktacularly fun night!

Linking up with:
http://www.oneartmama.blogspot.com/

http://onetoughmom.blogspot.com/

4 comments

Ky said...

OH, AND IT WAS SOOO MUCH FUN!!! MOSTLY THE PART WHERE WE HAD TO GUESS YOUR DANCE! I LOVE HALLOWEEN THIS YEAR!! CANT WAIT FOR NEXT YEARS PARTY!

Little Red Hen said...

What a blast! I can't believe how everyone has grown. You are such a wonderful Mom and Grandma. I am taking notes, the brains are fantastic.

Peg said...

What a fun party! I loved the troll and dragon, they were cool! Will Kya read my fortune? The brains looked a little too real. I don't know if I could have tasted them. You are such a fun mom and grandma!

Unknown said...

I am LOVING all the costumes! This is fabulous! I would love for you to share this in my Halloween linky party - {Not So} Tough Tuesday's on One Tough Mother - begins at midnight!

www.onetoughmom.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there!

Instagram