Life as I know it

Life is good, so I keep telling myself. The past couple of weeks have been CRAZY hectic, but now I actually have a moment to relax and contemplate what actually has happened. Last week we moved into a new home. Yes, there are still boxes to unpack but something tells me that they are not going anywhere. It was a difficult decision to leave our home of 21 years, but I think we are going to be very happy here. At first when we woke up in the morning it felt as if we were visiting someone or on vacation somewhere and waking up in a hotel. Shultz said that he felt as though we needed to be going to some tourist attraction. But as each day passes it's beginning to feel more and more like our home. I am even starting to learn which switch turns on which light. I'm still having difficulty remembering which drawer I put what in. I'm loving the double ovens and have found myself using both diswashers often. Something I thought was just totally ridiculous and would only be used on Thanksgiving. Each day as we manage to hang a few more of my old familar decorations that I can't seem to part with I see a little more of myself creeping into this house. We have big plans for the yard and gardens and even though it won't be all done at once I know that it will really help to make this house our home. So until then all I can do is imagine and hope that my children and grandchildren will someday love this home as much as they did our home in Highland. We plan to stay here for a long time or until we move to our next home which would be just down the road aways. The Alpine Cemetary.

6 comments

Peg said...

Oh my, I don't even want to think about your next home, the one down the street. I knew you would love the 2 dishwashers, I have secretly wished for two myself. I can't think of a nicer person to get my wish. I love your new house and I know you will be very happy there and I already feel like it is taking on Jann qualities. I feel very comfy and warm there and that is how I felt in your former home. you just have a way of making everyone feel right at home. Love you!

Shaleace said...

I had heard you bought a new house and wondered when you were moving in. Congratulations! I hope to see you and your new home soon. I'm sure it will be awhile so you will have plenty of time to move a few boxes.

Vuong Duc Binh said...

I'm a stranger to you! A stranger Vietnamese! My English is so weak so that make me hard to describe my thought (my comment) but reading your blog. Me and my wife, we have two girls (and two son-in-law, evidently) but they are all having jobs in the other countries. They are all happy with their jobs. We have also a little house with some trees, some flowers, some birds around which are so crazy in this tropical climate! I prefer to follow your amiable thought about the life around: your flowers, your kitchen, your recently old house, your husband, your son,.etc..

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Vuong Duc Binh,
Thanks for sharing a little bit of information about your family. I have wondered who you were ever since my husband came home from work and said "You have a new follower". I think that your English is great! I can only imagine how hard it would be for me to learn Vietmamese. Your house sounds like a little bit of paradise. I would love to see those crazy birds. I Wish you and your family the best. Would love to see some pictures someday.

McFadden said...

Your new house is already your new "Home". We must feel at home there already because on stitching day, we stayed all day.

Vuong Duc Binh said...

I have some pictures of flowers around my house (and my homeland) but I don't know how to post them here. Can I know your mail address? (my mail address: vuongducbinh@yahoo.com)
Best wishes.

Instagram