Gutter Money

Yesterday as I came out of a gift shop and was about to get into Dianas truck I looked down and saw a $50 dollar bill. At first I thought it was play money. Then I noticed more in the gutter. As I picked it up I realized that it was two more 50's folded inside of each other. I asked Kathy if it was hers, because we had both gotten out on that side. She answered "no". My immediate thought was " I've got to give it to the store owner". When I returned inside and told her what I had found there were two other customers standing there. They could not believe that I had brought it in. They just kept saying, "You are so honest". I replied no, I just knew that If I had lost that much money I would feel sick and would be so happy if someone had done the same thing." Hopefully, whoever lost it will retrace their steps and I can help to make their day. So, my qusestion is "what would you have done?" I think that you would have done the same thing.
My mother always taught me to be honest in all my doings. I would like to think that there are more honest people in this world than dishonest. Besides, I would not have felt good spending money that did not belong to me. Am I just crazy?

5 comments

Ky said...

you are an honest bear! that was a good thing to do and you arn't crazy....

well maybe a little when you sing a dance around the house and stuff.

Shaleace said...

Way to go! It is amazing how many people are shocked when someone does something honest. I hope you make someone's day.

falco said...

If i found that money i would probably buy my mother something really nice for mothers day.

Peg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peg said...

Oops! I do that a lot. Delete my comment that is. Anyways I just wanted to say that falco makes me laugh myself sick.

Instagram